Designing your dream home can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a daunting task. With housing trends constantly changing and new styles emerging every year, the possibilities are endless when choosing what you want in your perfect space. This article provides tips on how to find the housing trend that suits you best!
When it comes to housing, you need to consider:
- Your budget
- The location
- Size of your family
Trending Exterior House Colors
You first need to decide on the best trending exterior house colors for you or the one that suits your needs. There is no “best housing trend” because it largely depends on what matters most to you and your family's style preferences, but there are a few different housing styles people usually go for:
- Traditional Style
- Cottage Style
- Modern Farmhouse
If you're looking for a housing trend where you can be creative, the Modern Farmhouse style is perfect for you. These houses are more spacious and come with an open floor plan that doesn't confine your space.
Traditional housing styles are popular because they're classic and timeless. Living in a cottage-style home is something many people choose because it's cozy, welcoming, and full of character.
House Style Trends
House style trends change every year, and it's essential to keep up with what housing trends are popular. You can find these out by browsing through different magazines or websites that provide housing design inspiration.
The housing trend you choose all depends on what your family needs and wants. Find a housing style that suits you best by considering the aspects listed above, and you'll be on your way to finding the perfect housing trend for yourself.
When it comes to housing trends, there are many differences depending on where your location. Houses in different regions require certain design elements that make them more suited for their environment. For example:
- In the Northeast and Midwest, housing styles tend to be traditional because they have cold winters and hot summers, so these houses need plenty of insulation and air-conditioning.
- Out West housing styles are often made from wood because the climate is more moderate, and there's plenty of sunshine for natural lighting.
Alternatively, in Australia, housing trends can vary depending on where you live, but some popular housing designs include:
- Retro style homes which have a 1950s feel and come with high ceilings
- Loft housing styles are popular too because they're spacious and offer a lofted bedroom to make the most of your space.
The housing trend that suits you best will depend on what matters most to you or your family's preferences, but it's important to keep up with housing trends so that you can find the housing style that suits you best.
How Can You Incorporate These Trends?
- You can pick housing styles from different regions to incorporate into your home.
- If you love the idea of a modern farmhouse style but want it more traditional or cottage looking, check out some pictures on Pinterest for inspiration.
- If you want a housing trend with charm and character, go for the cottage style.
Tips on How To Maintain and Protect Your Investment in Housing
- You can maintain and protect your investment by choosing housing styles in the top 20% for resale value.
- Choose housing colors that are strong against sun exposure, such as light browns or blues, which stand out to potential buyers.
- You can also maintain and protect your investment with housing features like an energy-efficient furnace/air conditioner and an eco-friendly roof.
If you're thinking about buying a home, then maybe it's time to start considering styles. There are three main housing types: traditional, modern and rustic. Traditional houses have been around for centuries with a unique formal design with square or rectangular shapes inside and out.
Modern homes tend to be more starkly geometric and rectilinear than traditional housing. In addition, the exteriors of modern homes often have a solid, unbroken plane with few windows or other openings on the front facade.
Rustic housing was originally for people who wanted to live off-the-grid in remote areas. Still, it has now been adopted by many as an alternative lifestyle choice that is both environmentally and economically sustainable.
Traditional housing offers a classic look that many people prefer, but it's not for everyone. Modern design is often preferred by those who want to stay up-to-date with the newest innovations in architecture and construction materials. Rustic housing is more suited to natural environments or remote areas with few neighbors nearby.
Choosing housing styles is about more than just aesthetics. You also need to consider resale value, colors that will stand out to buyers and environmental sustainability. We trust this list of housing trends will help you to make the best decisions for your new custom home.
If you have additional questions, feel free to contact us for a free consultation.